Risks vs. REWARDS
Future Prosperity Requires the Re-learning of Personal Responsibility
Formerly, the USA was a Christian nation of laws. Both people and businesses flourish in that environment because everyone knows the rules by which they need to play. The importance of ALL HISTORY is (1) we can celebrate that superb decisions are made collectively by imperfect people over time (2) we can measure our direction and progress. The fact is, God gave us “Free Will”, a blessing but leads to human error. No individual is perfect. There is always room for improvement. But “Equal Opportunity” actually means “Personal Responsibility”.
Today, the USA is heathen/pagan. 30% of Generation Z think “Jesus” is just a swear word. They believe the gospel of “Nike – if the law is inconvenient, break it. These lawless mobs that lack any understanding of The Bible wants to control the rest of us. Nationwide the mobs are not a spontaneous reaction to the tragic death of George Floyd any more than the pallets of bricks and barriers simply, miraculously appeared. This chaos, lawlessness is intentional.
The chaos we have witnessed for the last two months in the USA would not have happened on my parents’ watch. I am far from perfect. I have made mistakes. But as a child I learned there are real benefits to the straight and narrow. The worst problem in the USA is not racism, it is the disintegration of the family: 25% of white babies and 75% of black babies are born out of wedlock. A child without a father is 10 times more likely to go to jail. The welfare system (War on Poverty) provides financial support so long as the father is absent. That destroys families.
Allow me to share with you what appears to be the current Democratic Party/BLM play book heavily influenced by the formula of Sal Alinsky, a noted anarchist, and similar to Orwell’s book entitled “1984”. Here is a summary of “Never waste a crisis” to build your political power base:
- Create a crisis.
- Maximize the severity of the Crisis.
- Mobilize a mob about the crisis.
- Propose a solution to the crisis that builds your political power.
- Use the mob and the media to ridicule, intimidate anyone that does not agree with you.
- The silence of those opposed to your solution is acquiescence and leads to control.
To a student of history this will sound similar to Hitler’s Brownshirts. It was also effective in Venezuela. Now listen to a firsthand account about not speaking out against mob led evil:
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out –
Because I was not a Socialist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out –
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out –
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me –
And there was no one left to speak out for me.
In the early 1930’s, Lutheran Church leaders traded their values for continued financial support by the Nazi government. Martin Niemoller, a Lutheran Pastor in Germany in the 1930’s, initially supported the Nazis. He exhorted his congregation to “sing louder” to drown out the noise of people being led to concentration camps and to ignore the dust from those camps.
In the late 1930’s, Niemoller realized that the Nazi’s were pure evil. When he began to speak out against the Nazi’s, Hitler was not amused and put Niemoller into a concentration camp. After WW II, Niemoller wrote books and poems expressing his regret at not speaking out.
Watching our cities burn, the destruction of statues of imperfect but historically important people, CHOP, vandalism, etc. all on a national scale indicates an organization is behind the protests/riots/vandals (PRVs). Intimidation is a key to the formula. Neutralization of the police is critical. Absence of police protection makes it is easier for the PRVs to intimidate you.
Please note the following data points. I do not know that they all connect, but it is curious how they align. A functioning news media with old fashioned journalists would find the facts.
- In June 2020 – Hawk Newsome, leader of the New York Chapter of Black Lives Matter (BLM) was quoted as saying that:
a. BLM has 40 chapters across the country, New York is the largest chapter;
b. He attended a national conference in Los Angeles to decide on a plan called “Black Opts”;
c. BLM wants their own armed patrols to protect blacks from the police;
d. They are following the pattern of the Black Panthers Party and The Nation of Islam. (I did not find any of his comments comforting. Did you?)
- BLM is run by ActBlue, a Democratic party supporter if not a fund-raising subsidiary.
- In June, both Fox News and Red State had articles about interviews with BLM leaders stating their focus is primarily the promotion of Marxism.
- Part of the Muslim/Islam value set is to destroy all of the monuments and cultural structures of a country they conquer to erase the prior civilization and its standards. (Please see 1d above).
- Democratic Socialist of America (DSA) members run under the Democratic Party banner but are sympathetic to if not supported by Communist countries.
- Is it true that one of the founders of Black Panthers was a mentor of Obama in Chicago? Obama’s Administration did dismiss the charges against three Black Panthers who were charged with intimidating white voters in Philadelphia in the 2008 election.
- We do not know if the reports of Obama being a member of the Black Panther Party were accurate or fake news because all of Obama’s records are sealed. Curious?
- As a part of the 2009 Stimulus legislation, the House of Representatives passed legislation included $1 Billion in funding for “community action agencies”. Did that get included into the final bill?
- Uniquely during the Obama administration, companies often paid a “contribution” to a “charity” versus being prosecuted and paying a fine. What charity? How much money?
- What is the source of funding for Obama’s “Organization for Action” (OFA)?
- Michelle had 30+ staffers versus the typical first lady staff of 6. What were the extra staff members doing? Were they paid by the taxpayers?
Obama had no wealth when elected President but after 8 years in office earning $400k per year he bought a $10 Million home in DC, an expensive home in Hawaii, bought a $15 Million ocean front home in The Hamptons, and recently his financial net worth was estimated to be in excess of $150M. That is remarkable! I am not jealous, but I am curious. Are you?
Organizing for Action (OFA) was an outgrowth of his election campaigns. When Obama exited the Presidency of the USA, OFA had over 30,000 employees. That is huge! Is OFA the source of Obama’s wealth? What does OFA teach – group hugs? Are you also curious about OFA?
There are other Non-Government Organizations (NGO) like OFA that receive enormous sums of money from taxpayers. If they do not now, it is time to require NGO’s such as OFA to:
- Be audited annually with the results of the audit published publicly, nationally.
- Spend all of their money for the intended purposes within the year or refund the balance.
- Not allow the funds to be used to create foundations, trusts, or other endowments.
- Be liable financially and the officers individually for any damages their activities cause.
Continued chaos will have an enormous NEGATIVE effect on our economy and therefore land values. To prosper, we need to re-learn that each of us is personally responsible for both our actions and the results. No handouts. Nothing else works long term.
“for God did not give us a spirit of cowardice, but rather a spirit of power and of love and of self-discipline”
(2 Timothy 1:7 New Revised Standard Version, Oxford University Press)
Next week, a discussion on economic trends to watch as we move through July and August. I expect those two months to be full of economic events that will impact the land market.
Capitalism builds wealth, socialism consumes it in self destruction. I serve an awesome God.