Wooded Building Site! 103.73 Acres in Caroline, Land & Timber
Large wooded building site with panoramic views westward over the Mattaponi Wildlife Management Area (WMA) and beyond. 103.73 Acres in Caroline County, Virginia.
* Located around 1.5 miles north of Bowling Green;
* Approximately 87.04 feet of road frontage on Farmer Drive (State Route 631) and prescriptive access off Rixey Road along the CSX Railroad tracks.;
* Property boasts several potential elevated homesites including an existing cleared 1.5-acre main homesite that has panoramic views westward over the Mattaponi Wildlife Management Area (WMA) and beyond;
* The water tower at Caroline High School is visible on the horizon about 5.3 miles away;
* Property's forest trails wander down into the lower pine plantation that are located in close proximity to the Mattaponi WMA woods roads across the railroad tracks;
* 34 +/- acres of mature natural mixed hardwoods/pines located on the upland plateau where the homesite(s) are located. Significant merchantable timber value as well as aesthetic value in this upland timber stand presently;
* 65.4 +/- acres of 12 to 13 year old pine plantation (Site Index between 85 to 95 ft. at Base Age of 50 years) in the lower grounds. Timber income could be generated in this pine stand within the next 5 to 7 years from now;
* About 0.8 +/- Acres of openland at the gated entrance;
* About 1.5-acre cleared main homesite; and
* About 2 +/- Acres of woods roads, clearings, trails, etc.
* County water is available along Farmer Drive. There is a fire hydrant close to the gated entrance and Bowling Green has several options for high speed internet service.
Location: United States, Virginia, Caroline County
- Status: Under Contract
- Sale price: $349,950
- Land area: 103.73Acres
- County: Caroline
- Zip Code: 22580
- Landline: 2340
- Zoning: Rural Preservation
- Tax Map: 43-1-4