Walnut Grove Farm! 180.9 Acres in Caroline County, Virginia, Land & Timber
Walnut Grove Farm! A beautiful tract of land with great potential for present and future residential development. 180.9+/- Acres in Caroline County. Significant timber on the property!
Join email list for listing updates
* Known locally as Walnut Grove Farm. Property is located at the end of the cul-de-sac on Wanut Grove Farm Lane, just off of Route 301 near the Caroline/Hanover county line, 4 miles north of Hanover Courthouse.
* Zoned Rural Preservation (RP)
* Mill Creek meanders along the property’s northern boundary and a tributary of Mill Creek meanders along a portion of the property’s southwestern boundary. Streamside management zones (SMZs) and wetlands represent about 7.3 +/- acres along that creek and other feeder creeks. In total, there is approximately 10.25 +/- acres of grassland based on aerial photographs. The balance of the property is wooded with 15.5 +/- acres in pine plantation and 147.85 +/- acres in mixed hardwood/pine stands. Significant timber on the property!
* Great potential for present or future residential development!
* Walnut Grove Farm is a unique land investment opportunity because it offers the following benefits:
- Caroline County has extremely restrictive land use ordinances. But this land is zoned RP, which allows By Right the opportunity to develop this farm into a 10-acre lot subdivision.
- The farm is located in a small area designated by the Caroline County Comprehensive Plan for residential development, which provides the possibility of rezoning the property to a category such as RR-2 wherein the minimum lot size is 2 to 5 acres.
- Caroline County does have sanitary sewer in the area.
- There is DSL service in the adjacent subdivision.
- Soils on the ridge of this farm are excellent for both agricultural purposes as well as septic systems.
- The dramatic topography on the perimeter of the farm provide the opportunity for totally unique and absolutely unbelievable home sites. The majority of the new homes built would have a dramatic view of a creek bottom that also offers privacy.
*Seller is Owner/Agent.
Location: United States, Virginia, Caroline County
- Status: Sold
- Sale price: $523,705
- Land area: 180.9 +/-Acres
- County: Caroline
- Landline: #2321
- Zoning: RP (Rural Preservation)
- Tax Map: #108-A-33C; #108-11-1; #108-11-2