Stony Creek Farm - 296+ Acres in Sussex County, Virginia, Land & Timber
Located on the northern bounds of the Town of Stony Creek in Sussex County, Virginia. This farm features tillable openland and offers great visibility to I-95.
- This farm boasts frontage on U.S. Route 301/Blue Star Highway (1,750+/- non-contiguous lineal feet), on State Route 657/Galley Road (3,350 lineal feet), on the northside of State Route 670/Cedar Road (2,130+/- lineal feet) and on the southside of Cedar Road and the service road to Blue Star Highway (1,210+/- lineal feet);
- Per the Sussex County tax maps, the property contains about 340+/- feet of frontage on Stony Creek;
- Galley Swamp meanders through the middle of the property which impacts the farm with some non-tidal forested wetlands and/or hydric soils;
- Features 54+/- acres tillable openland along the northside of Cedar Road;
- Across Cedar Road there is a 7.3-acre portion of the farm that has 6.5+/- acres of tillable openland;
- 20.6+/- acres of tillable openland along Galley Road in the northern portion of the farm;
- Balance is in either cut-over woodland in 2020 and/or unharvested forested lowgrounds/SMZ's;
- County waterline with fire hydrants that run along the property's U.S. Route 301 frontage. Per Sussex County, there is a forced main sewer line in the area of the subject property; however, a sewer pump station would be required on-site to utilize that existing forced main sewer line.
- Currently zoned Agricultural (279.47-acre portion) and Residential (16.83-acre portion) within the bounds of Stony Creek.
Location: United States, Virginia, Sussex County
- Status: For Sale
- Sale price: $625,000
- Land area: 296.3Acres
- County: Sussex
- Zip Code: 23882
- Landline: 2362
- Zoning: Agricultural-Residential
- Tax Map: 67-A-1 and 67A1-A-7