2020 – Something Big is Afoot. Are You Prepared?
Cropland – You Cannot Eat Gold
Capitalism is great!
Back in March I stated that I looked forward to seeing the positives my Lord and Savior would bring out of the Wuhan Virus Pandemic. Here are a few I noticed over the last week:
1. Remember my forecast that someone would invent a UV filter to make enclosed areas like airplanes safe from President Xi’s gift to the world, the Wuhan Virus. Technology combining UV with a HEPA filter is the brainchild of Chris Rawlings of Veteran LED, a RICHMOND, Virginia based lighting and energy management firm. According to the Richmond Times-Dispatch article on August 20, 2020, some of his units have been installed in the Silver Diner in Innsbrook. Let’s go grab lunch. Thank you, Lord!
2. Did you see the video of the press conference given by the Oncologist excited to explain that the drug trial intended to show Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) was not effective ACTUALLY proved that HCQ was extremely effective against lung cancer because it protected the healthy cells and allowed the virus to attack unhealthy cells like cancer. How many lives will HCQ save? Thank you, Lord!
3. Another extremely important result is the mass migration of church services to the internet. This is a wonderful introduction of the Light of Christ onto turf previously overwhelming heathen and pagan. A positive force. Thank you, Lord!
Let me repeat, I love Capitalism. By their actions Democrats prefer Marxists and Communists. In today’s world that means I am not a Democrat. That is okay because I am not any good with spray paint. In the past I have voted for Democrats when the Republicans nominated someone with the intelligence of a box of rocks. But, on this side of all the Democrats in Congress voting in favor of the “Impeachment for Giggles”, I would take a single used brick over a combination of all the candidates in the Democratic Party. What a significant accomplishment to be less than worthless.
It is impossible for Democrats to thank the Lord for the filters and new cancer cure since they do not believe He exists. Political correctness is a fool’s errand. There are multiple places in the Bible that warn against such behavior. Democrats worship power and money with their “Never Waste a Crisis to Build Your Political Base” mantra. It is consistent that spraying in paint obscene words on buildings and statues is their form of worship. What makes no sense to me is that the Mayors of Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, and Minneapolis and many other of our large cities desire that behavior. The Mayor of Richmond liked it especially on Monument Avenue. Not a Democrat, to me it is simply vandalism and destruction.
Speaking of destructive behavior, with the Bloomberg/Soros funded Democratic Party District Attorneys in so many cities announcing they will not prosecute rioters, it is only logical for the police to step back. Why should the police risk their lives when the perpetrators they arrest are not taken off the streets? Maybe the thugs are competing over who gets arrested most? Instead of defunding the police like the Democrats want, the real solution is to hire more police, raise their pay, and replace the District Attorneys funded by Soros and Bloomberg.
In the absence of police protection, we have reached the point beginning in Kenosha WI where residents took their protection in their own hands. Did your news source show the video of the Denver community that banded together, herded BLM Antifa black clothed thugs to a vacant lot, and then beat the snot out of them? How about the videos of the “Back the Blue” group confronting the BLM crowd in Portland on Saturday night? Did you notice that both sides were armed? Do you think those weapons were unloaded? Nor do I. We are on the edge of combat in our cities with significant casualties. I never thought I would see the Middle East recreated here in the USA. Thank you, Democratic Party.
Confusingly, the Richmond Association of REALTORS supported the Democrat style of worship with its CEO announcing they would raise the money to take down the statues on Monument Avenue. I wrote a letter to the RAR officers and Board of Directors objecting to their behavior, but they never even replied. Maybe they were busy practicing spray can worshiping. “Grab a spray can and join us” does not ring with me, but then I am not a Democrat.
My suggestion is you call every REALTOR you know and ask them why RAR worships Marxists and Communist. That combination is particularly odd because those groups are not in favor of private property rights and REALTORS only exist because of private property rights. By resigning, the officers and Directors of RAR could increase their time in Democratic worship.
Let us talk about the land market. Another confusing thing about Democrats is that they apparently hate food. I like to eat, prefer to do so regularly, and am in favor of encouraging the production of food. I am not a fan of being hungry. With our growing population, I think good leadership would include the encouragement of food production. In fact, a capitalist like me thinks that the production of food is critically important and should be financially rewarded.
But our two Senators, Kaine and Warner, as governors apparently decided that we Virginians are too fat and needed a diet. Warner gave us Conservation Easements and Kaine created Nutrient Credit Banks and regulations that encourage the destruction of cropland and pastureland.
No cropland and No pastureland equals NO food. Am I missing something? Why is NO food a good idea? To me it is a REALLY BAD idea. Clearly, I am not a Democrat. Nevertheless, let us focus on profiting from the combination of Warner’s Conservation Easements and Kaine’s Nutrient Credit regulations. Here is the importance of the combination:
1. Under the “Save the Environment” flag, Kaine had the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (VDEQ) write regulations such that no developer in Virginia could meet them without buying Nutrient Credits from a Nutrient Credit Bank.
2. Nutrient Credit Banks (Kaine) are created by converting cropland and pastureland into timberland with a conservation easement (Warner’s baby) guaranteeing that those tracts of land will only be used for timberland in perpetuity. That is until the end of time, a really, really long time.
3. “Wood” is useful, but it has no nutritional value to humans.
4. Everyone is in favor of improving the environment. But destroying land used for the production of food to starve humans seems an extreme way to manage growth.
So where is the land investment opportunity? As we discussed in earlier blogs, we are going to see inflation, the devaluation of the U. S. Dollar. Also, we have discussed that with Trump as President we would have economic growth with the inflation while with Biden as President, we will have inflation and a stagnant economy which is called Stagflation. That disaster was last seen under President Jimmy Carter. During inflation the “value” of hard assets, like land, rise.
Many folks including Warren Buffett are buying gold stocks or physical gold as a hedge against the coming inflation/devaluation of the Dollar. Understandable, gold is the historic source of value. But you cannot eat gold. And thanks to Warner and Kaine, every year Virginia is destroying cropland and pastureland with no legal way to reverse the use of that land from timberland to cropland or pastureland.
The investment better than gold is to buy some cropland or pastureland. Eventually you will be able to trade the food produced on your cropland or pastureland for the gold others bought. Then you will have both. That is called Capitalism. Have I told you how much I love Capitalism?
For the Democrats who at their convention who debated the existence of God let us re-look at last week’s verse.
“Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God; for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God.”
(1 John 4:1-3 New Revised Standard Version, Oxford University Press)
Capitalism builds wealth, socialism consumes it in self-destruction. I serve an awesome God. With God on our side, who can stand against us.
Copyright Massie Land Network. All right Reserved.